For my latest community-based research on COVID-19 in the Walla Walla Valley and beyond, please click here.
In addition to giving talks to local organizations about my published work, my skills as a social researcher have been put to good use in several community-based projects that fall under the heading of applied or public sociology – not peer-reviewed by academics, but rigorous, vetted by community partners, and immediately useful to constituencies such as schools, coalitions, and agencies. Below are the types of projects I’ve done:
- Strategic planning development and dashboard creation
- Group facilitation (single day and multi-day)
- Needs assessments and program evaluation (including survey and interview design, data collection, and reporting to a variety of audiences)
- Grant-writing and consultation
- Testimony as expert witness
- Spatial design pre- and post-occupancy use assessment (for design, architecture, and building projects)